Project Development Workshop - In 2017, Skills will be Key
On Thursday 8 and Friday 9 December 2016 EARLALL, together with partner regions and organisations, has organised a Project Development Workshop for the upcoming call for proposals Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic partnerships.
The PDW Task Force has received and selected the 9 main project ideas, for which a partner selection has been going on.
Overview of the 9 project ideas:
- Platform Maker Education Europe: Waag Society
- Cognition & Inclusion: vzw den achtkanter
- Improving learning efficiency / learning pathways: PXL University College, Centre of expertise PXL Educational Innovation
- Developing new training approaches for ppl w/ mental disorders: INFREP
- Supporting Transition towards Education Progression (STTEP): Scottish Wider Access Programme(SWAPWest)
- Capacity-building in sustainable tourism: Hasselt University – Transportation Research Institute (IMOB) – Centre for Travel & Tourism Research
- Experimental digilab - University of Jyväskylä
- Marketable skills/foreign languages: Government of Catalonia
- Prevention of the development of Salafist attitudes among young people: State Institute of School Development, Stuttgart, Baden-Wuerttemberg
The Catalan Minister of Education, Ms Meritxell Ruiz i Isern, was the keynote speaker, and opened the event with a warm speech.
During the event, speakers from EPOS and EACEA agencies gave two noteworthy presentations on "KA2 Strategic partnerships" and general Erasmus+ applications. Click here and here to download them.
The event was a unique occasion when project leaders and partners got the chance to meet and exchange views on their project ideas, with roundtables and networking opportunities.
Here is the programme of the workshop
Thursday 8 December
17h00 Cocktail reception Testimonials from 2015 Project Development Workshop participants Networking session
Friday 9 December
9h00 Registrations9h30 Welcome words and introductory presentations Meritxel Ruiz i Istern, Minister of Education, Government of Catalonia Erik Ballhausen, EACEA, European Commission Marc De Vlieger, EPOS National agency Flanders10h45 Coffee Break11h00 Project development round table13h00 Lunch break13h45 Tips and tricks for your project applications
This event was a co-organisation of Baden-Württemberg, EARLALL, Lifelong Learning Platform, the Liaison Agency Flanders-Europe (vleva), Île-de-France Europe and the West-Finland European Office. It takes place at Vleva, Avenue de Cortenbergh 71, 1000 Brussels.
“Skills are a pathway to employability and prosperity. With the right skills, people are equipped for good-quality jobs and can fulfil their potential as confident, active citizens. In a fast-changing global economy, skills will to a great extent determine competitiveness and the capacity to drive innovation. They are a pull factor for investment and a catalyst in the virtuous circle of job creation and growth. They are key to social cohesion.”